Re: GTK warning

Stefan Kost wrote:

How should gobject know the name of your variable? In GStreamer we have a
GstObejct which has a name property, that makes it easier.

How do you know it's one of my variables that is being unreferenced?  The
warning message refers me to line 118 where I don't see that any of my
variables is being unreferenced.  If there's a problem in the
set_from_pixbuf call, I don't see why GTK can't provide more information
about the nature of the problem.  If there's a problem somewhere else, I
don't see why GTK is directing me to line 118.

I have now established that running the program with --g-fatal-warnings on
the command line does do something: It causes the program to exit, just as
it does in C.  However, in Python, I need to catch the exception before
exiting so that I can run the debugger and view the traceback, but it is
not possible to catch SystemExit.  I'm still clinging to the hope that a
traceback will be helpful despite your advice that it usually isn't when
the problem is a refcount issue.  Nevertheless, I clearly have fallen out
of the purview of this group, so I'll try to figure out a better place to
post.  Thanks anyway for all the suggestions.
--
Jeffrey Barish