Maximize problem

Hello,
it's me again. I have another problem regarding maximization. We store state + position/size of our main window via WindowPositionTracker, using these values for proper init on next application start.

Now we have the problem, that our code does not work for GTK 2.12.12 on slackware for one of our members. Personally I use GTK 2 14 4 WinXP, other users are using e.g. GTK 2 12 9 WinXP or other versions on different *nix systems. Only the slackware user has the problem that it does not maximize his application if we use the code like this:

if (maximized) {
set stored position via gtk_window_move / gtk_window_set_position (if out of screen area)
  gtk_window_set_default_size(some default values)
  gtk_window_maximize()
} else {
  set stored position + size
}
gtk_window_show()

the previous version did not take into account recorded position + size and worked for him:
if (maximized)
  gtk_window_maximize()
else
  set stored position + size
gtk_window_show

Could anybody hint me why my attempt does not work for him? Is there a known bug in his gtk version?
If you need further details, please ask.

Greetings,
Christoph Hartwig