GLib 2.19.7 released
- From: Matthias Clasen <mclasen redhat com>
- To: gnome-announce-list gnome org, gtk-devel-list gnome org, gtk-app-devel-list gnome org, gtk-list gnome org
- Subject: GLib 2.19.7 released
- Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 22:10:50 -0500
GLib 2.19.7 is now available for download at:
glib-2.19.7.tar.bz2 md5sum: 8d6c590cbaee374e91adc1dec904d9d2
glib-2.19.7.tar.gz md5sum: f2db21b6efd3a1433071629692d5a768
This is the a development release leading up to GLib 2.20.
* This is unstable development release. While it has had
a bit of testing, there are certainly plenty of bugs
remaining to be found. This release should not be used
* Installing this version will overwrite your existing
copy of GLib 2.18. If you have problems, you'll need
to reinstall GLib 2.18.
* GLib 2.20 will be source and binary compatible with
the GLib 2.18 series; the new API additions in GLib 2.19
are finalized at this point.
* Bugs should be reported to http://bugzilla.gnome.org.
GLib is the low-level core library that forms the basis for projects
such as GTK+ and GNOME. It provides data structure handling for C,
portability wrappers, and interfaces for such runtime functionality as
an event loop, threads, dynamic loading, and an object system.
More information about GLib is available at:
An installation guide for the GTK+ libraries, including GLib, can
be found at:
Overview of Changes from GLib 2.19.6 to GLib 2.19.7
- GFile gained an attribute for the actual file size in bytes
- GMountOperation gained an "aborted' signal that allows to abort
a mount operation from the backend side
* Bugs fixed:
523742 Use noinst for non-installable libraries
566747 URIs opened with firefox %u load as local files
541225 Can't compile gio on AIX duplicate case value in gioerror.c
571598 GAsyncResult with NULL gobject
505042 add file attribute for actually used file size in bytes
* Updates translations:
Norwegian bokmÃl (nb)
Thanks to all contributors:
February 16, 2009
] [Thread Prev