GUI quickly?

This is related to open source free project, please help.

I have described variables this way:
NPC / Weight, float
NPC / AI Data / Mood, "<list of choices here>"

What are possibilities for creating GUI with minimal work?
I may group variables to groups, one per window.
I may group variables to subgroups, one per tab.
I may add widget type IDs if that is not clear.
But, using Glade to built the windows is too time-consuming.

Of course, when a value has been edited in GUI, I should
receive message: "NPC / Weight" changed to 3.14, etc.

Juhana