Re: Windows, Enchant and Aspell

2009/2/8 Enrico Tröger <enrico troeger uvena de>:
Hi,

I just noticed Tor has built enchant for Windows [1], great job. Cool.

Being curious whether it works, I installed aspell and two dictionaries
from their Windows installers, I used the default directory C:\Program
Files \Aspell.

Unfortunately and not really surprising, libenchant.dll or better the
provider libenchant_aspell.dll, doesn't find the aspell-15.dll.
Is there any way to tell enchant where to look for the installed aspell
installation?
Another problem is that libenchant_aspell.dll looks for
"libaspell-15.dll" but the Aspell Windows installers install a
"aspell-15.dll" (without the lib prefix).

So, after all, how to use enchant with Aspell at all on Windows?

I just ran into this. What I did was install Aspell, change the name
of aspell-15.dll to libaspell-15.dll, copy everything over to my app's
directory, and it all just works.

Matthew