Re: Getting started with gdk-pixbuf (gtk-win32)

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tor Lillqvist"
Subject: Re: Getting started with gdk-pixbuf (gtk-win32)

So, as was mentioned on the mingw-users list, it is likely that you
have just moved the DLLs and/or config files around from their initial
(relative) locations. (I keep emphasizing *relative*, because the
installation tree as a whole can be moved freely. That is of course
the point with all this.)

Thanks for persevering with this Tor.  You were absolutely right of course.
What happened was that three files (including "gdk-pixbuf.loaders" ) got
installed into "c:\cygwin\usr\etc\gtk-2.0".  I moved these (stupidly, I now
realise) to "c:\cygwin\etc\gtk-2.0" (simply because cygwin itself never uses
the folder /usr/etc/ (in fact, it doesn't even have such a folder).  I've
just moved those three files back again and presto! - it's now working!!

At least it's taught me not to move things just for the sake of neatness
:-(

John