Re: GTK Action Handler

dhk on 12/31/2009 10:33 AM wrote:
When the button or expander is clicked with the mouse the callbacks work
fine.  The problem is from the menu the "activate" signal has GtkAction
as the first parameter of the callback and I don't think that can be
cast to a GtkButton or GtkExpander.  I want to call the button and
expander callbacks as if they were clicked with the mouse.

Yeah, I didn't read your whole e-mail chain until now.

GtkWidget and GtkAction are different classes. You will need to use two callback functions. If you don't care about the first argument, you could make stubs for the initial callback functions and have them call your standard callback function.

The only way to do away with separate functions would be to use gtk_menu* functions and create your menu in C. I am more familiar with raw C so someone more familiar with GtkBuilder may have a better solution, but I don't see one.