Parent window of an EggTrayIcon

Hello.

I'm using sawfish 1.6.0 as my window manager and lxpanel as my system tray.

I have gvolwheel (volume control) in my systray.

However, when I click on its icon, the mixer steup window appears in the
middle of my desktop, instead of right above the icon.

I'd like to modify the source so that the window pops up right above the
icon.

As far as I have understood the code, I need to use gtk_window_set_position,
and for that I need the absolute coordinates of the icon in the tray.

How can I dot that? gtk_window_get_position(egg_tray_icon.Window, &x, &y)
doesn't work (I'm more of a pyGTK coder that c!).

Thanks.

--
Fabrice DELENTE