Re: GtkScrollView contents & its GtkViewport contents

On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 1:27 PM, Andrew Wood <ajwood theiet org> wrote:
Am I right in thinking a GtkScrolledWindow can only have 1 child (a
GtkViewPort) and that the GtkViewPort can only have one child also?

If this is correct.  Having added a widget a GtkVBox to a GtkScrolledWindow
using:

gtk_scrolled_window_add_with_viewport(GTK_SCROLLED_WINDOW(scrollview),GTK_WIDGET(vbox));

How can I then remove the vbox and its viewport from the GtkScrolledWindow
so the GtkScrolledWindow has no children, so that
gtk_scrolled_window_add_with_viewport can be called again

Would it be correct to use

gtk_bin_get_child(GTK_BIN(scrollview))=NULL

No you cannot assign a value to the return value of gtk_bin_get_child().

Use:
   gtk_container_remove (GTK_CONTAINER (scrollview),
gtk_bin_get_child(GTK_BIN(scrollview)));

Cheers,
       -Tristan