dotted line separating table columns in GTK 2.18

Hi all,

I have a GTK application (actually, I'm using Eclipse SWT) with a table
widget.

It seems like the recent GTK 2.18 implementation of table widgets draws
a dotted line separating the table columns, as I noticed when trying my
application in Ubuntu Karmic. Unfortunately this makes my widget render
incorrectly. Is there a way to tailor GTK and configure it not to draw
such lines (perhaps setting a magical environment variable)?

Thanks,

Alex