Re: Gtk 3.0

On Wed, Dec 02, 2009 at 05:52:22PM +0000, Carlos Pereira wrote:
Compiling with -DGSEAL_ENABLE these macros are flagged as errors:

1) GTK_WIDGET_SET_FLAGS (removed)
2) GTK_WIDGET_SENSITIVE (replaced by gtk_widget_is_sensitive or
gtk_widget_get_sensitive)

However, apparently they are not in the list of deprecated symbols.
Should that be changed?

This is probably an omission, they should be marked deprecated because
they access the GtkWidget struct fields directly and hence cannot work
with GSEAL.

could you point me to a documentation page listing macros and other
things made obsolete with -DGSEAL_ENABLE, -DG_DISABLE_SINGLE_INCLUDES,
-DGTK_DISABLE_SINGLE_INCLUDES, etc. and its replacements?

GSEAL prevents accessing struct fields directly (including you doing it
e.g. by GTK_DIALOG(dialog)->vbox), I'm not sure it there's an official
list of affected macros.  Theoretically, all such are marked deprecated.

FOO_DISABLE_SINGLE_INCLUDES prevents inclusion of indvidual headers (as
opposed to library-level headers such as glib.h).  It does not affect
what symbols are defined.

Yeti