Re: GTK on Windows 2000 pro, sp4

You should probably open[1] a bug report about this if you wish to see it
fixed. Sometimes Tor visits this list, but it's not a 100% guarantee.

I do read this list, and did notice the original mail, but as I
couldn't do anything right then for it, and the reason to the problem
seemed obvious, I didn't reply, sorry. But do file a bug report
anyway, so that this issue doesn't get forgotten.

If the use of freeaddrinfo() (and possibly other API not present in
Windows 2000) can be easily made conditional at run-time (i.e. look up
the function and use it only if there, otherwise some workaround),
then that could be done.

But if it would require large changes then I am afraid we will just
have to consider GLib 2.22 being unsupported on Windows 2000 then, and
known not to work.

(The Windows SDK header wspiapi.h has an inline implementation of
freeaddrinfo() so that code can be compiled to build also on Windows
2000, but the mingw headers haven't, and the GLib distributed from
ftp.gnome.org is compiled with mingw. I don't think it would be OK to
just copy the inline implementation from the SDK headers, although
some other projects do that.)

--tml