Re: GTK on Windows 2000 pro, sp4

On Sun, 29 Nov 2009, Allin Cottrell wrote:

I'm wondering if any changes in [the DLLs at
http://www.gtk.org/download-windows.html ] might have stopped a
GTK app from running on Windows 2000.  Not that I would mind
much, it would just be nice to know.

I can confirm (based on reports from my correspondent who runs
Windows 2000, and for whom I've made some variant builds) that my
GTK app linked against

GLib    2.22.2
GTK+    2.16.6
Pango   1.26.0
ATK     1.26.0
cairo   1.8.8

will not run on Windows 2000 Professional sp4.  With the same DLLs
for GTK+, ATK and cairo, but with Glib and Pango replaced by

GLib    2.20.5
Pango   1.24.5

it runs OK.  I don't have a very precise statement of the error
that stopped the program running when linked against the newer
Glib; what I have is "When I click on the gretlw32.exe or the
related shortcut, it just shows that the system cannot find
something about freeaddrinfo (in dynamic library WS2_32.dll)."

Allin Cottrell