file chooser: known bug?

I wonder if this is a known bug or if I should report it? I use
gtk_file_chooser_dialog_new() with an action of
GTK_FILE_CHOOSER_ACTION_SELECT_FOLDER, and I pre-select the
directory that I think will most likely be wanted, using
gtk_file_chooser_set_filename().

If the user clicks OK without making any change in the selector,
the response is "The folder could not be created.  Error creating
directory: File exists" (but nobody asked the file selector to
create a folder!).  If you click a different folder then click
back on the default one and do "OK" again, it works correctly,
i.e. selects the pre-existing folder.

Is there any workaround for this?

--
Allin Cottrell