Re: Generating key press event using gtk button

I haven't done any signal emission of my own, but you probably want to look
at putting
g_signal_emit_by_name<http://library.gnome.org/devel/gobject/unstable/gobject-Signals.html#g-signal-emit-by-name>
or
one of its companions into your button click callback.  Hopefully this will
get you off in the right direction or someone more informed will respond
soon with more info.
Eric Squires