Re: Strange GHashTable behaviour

The problem is in the returned value. It returns an invalid pointer
instead of NULL.

Greets,
Luka

Dne 21.04.2009 (tor) ob 17:19 +0200 je Vivien Malerba zapisal(a):

2009/4/21 Luka Napotnik <luka napotnik gmail com>
        Hello,

        I'm experiencing strange GHashTable behaviours when looking up
        a value

        throught a string key. I pass the key as a stack-allocated
        string to the
        hash table. For most lookups it works flawlessly but sometimes
        I get an
        invalid pointer. It even looks normal but data can't be
        accessed at that
        address.

        I have about 50 unique UUID keys and I'm inserting them to the
        hash
        table one by one with an associated data pointer. AFAIK,
        g_hash_table_lookup() should return NULL when the element with
        the
        provided key was not found in the table.

        So, does anyone have an idea what is going on here? Please
        help.

Is the problem on the key or on the returned value of a
g_hash_table_lookup()?

Did you give any destroy functions to g_hash_table_new_full() and use
g_hash_table_insert() again with the same key?

Vivien