Strange GHashTable behaviour

I'm experiencing strange GHashTable behaviours when looking up a value
throught a string key. I pass the key as a stack-allocated string to the
hash table. For most lookups it works flawlessly but sometimes I get an
invalid pointer. It even looks normal but data can't be accessed at that

I have about 50 unique UUID keys and I'm inserting them to the hash
table one by one with an associated data pointer. AFAIK,
g_hash_table_lookup() should return NULL when the element with the
provided key was not found in the table.

So, does anyone have an idea what is going on here? Please help.