Re: Porting UIs to GtkBuilder

On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 9:59 AM, Zeeshan Ali (Khattak) <zeenix gmail com> wrote:
Hi,
[...]

Errr, try converting with Glade 3.6 instead of the conversion script ?

  I just tried glade3 from trunk[1]. One of the three UIs just work
fine now but two others don't. One of them hits a fatal on startup:

<console>
$ gupnp-universal-cp
Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "atk-bridge": libatk-bridge.so:

** (gupnp-universal-cp:12727): CRITICAL **: Unable to load the GUI
file /opt/gnome2/share/gupnp-tools/gupnp-universal-cp.ui: Unknown
internal child: image
</console>

  The other one has some minor issues that i might be able to figure on my own:

<console>
(gupnp-av-cp:13063): Gtk-WARNING **: Cannot add an object of type
GtkMenu to a container of type GtkMenuItem

(gupnp-av-cp:13063): Gtk-WARNING **: Cannot add an object of type
GtkMenu to a container of type GtkMenuItem

(gupnp-av-cp:13063): Gtk-WARNING **: No object called:

(gupnp-av-cp:13063): Gtk-WARNING **: No object called:
</console>

Did Glade at least give you a warning after loading the old
Glade file, converting it and saving it (at save time) ?

It looks like either
  a.) You did not convert the old Glade file using Glade
and or
  b.) You are running an old version of GTK+ unsupported
       by your Glade file (there should be a <requires> tag
       specifying the minimum required version, configure this
       from your project's preferences dialog).

Note that GTK+ < 2.16 does not natively support building
of menus and that Glade 3.6 only converts to native menu
representation (i.e. no roundabout building of uimanagers
that build menus).

I am extra curious about how you ended up with an
internal "image" in a GtkImageMenuItem (if I'm guessing
your Glade file correctly), those are supposed to be
internal only in libglade format and referenced (by object
type property) in GtkBuilder format.

Cheers,
                           -Tristan