Re: How to run during "idle" in the main loop ?

Yes, the function is global for your program, not just for only one window as it is for the "default main loop". Bu you can control the time when to attach and detach the idle callback function to achieve your purpose.

Han wrote:
Thanks XiuHua.

I had a look at  g_idle_add and g_idle_add_full,  i am wondering how i
can associate this function to a particular GTK+  window / dialog ?
There seems no parameter in the function to attach it to any window ?

thanks
Han