Help with the GTKFileChooser in Windows

Hey Everyone,

I was wondering if someone can help point me out to the reason that I
can not get the GTK File Chooser Dialog (or widget for that matter) to
work in Windows XP. I installed the official and current dev and
binary releases found on the GTK website and even though they include
header files for the file chooser dialog, I can not manage to get them
to appear. I did check programs such as Pidgin but they assume that
you have GTK+ installed (the calling functions from Pidgin to GTK are
just the same as the ones I use). So I am guessing something is
missing on my side during the compilation. Can any one give some
help/pointers?

PS if this is not a specific case to me (ie one has to set some
variable or so) can anyone explain why it is not documented in the
official dev readme files (or somewhere intuative)?

Thanks for anyone who can volunteer some time and help. It is highly
appreciated.

--
Mackram Raydan

An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has
come.---Victor Hugo