Re: Drag'n'drop problems

John Coppens wrote:

On Sat, 6 Sep 2008 11:58:00 -0300
John Coppens <john jcoppens com> wrote:

I couldn't find a list of valid format
descriptions. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Adding some more info: I found an (incomplete) chunk of code on the net
that defines the row data in the GtkTargetEntry array as:

  {"GTK_TREE_MODEL_ROW", GTK_TARGET_SAME_APP, 0}

I put this in my program, and behold, it worked. I searched for
GTK_TREE_MODEL_ROW as a target type, but couldn't find any reference to
that... So can anyone tell me what the possible values are?

And I'm still interested in an example on how to process row data
received from a drop, into a gtk_tree_store. I promise to write a
tutorial if I can get to understand this.

John

The first argument only has to match the first argument of the source.

There is some information in this tutorial:

http://scentric.net/tutorial/sec-dnd.html#sec-dnd-selected-item-info

There is also some good information in:

http://www.pygtk.org/pygtk2tutorial/sec-TreeViewDragAndDrop.html

but you have to be able to read Python.