Re: loading pixmaps from the C source

On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 18:13:41 +0300
"Henri Häkkinen" <henrih81 gmail com> wrote:

I am writing a simple GTK+ 2.0 application which uses the GNU build
system. The application opens a status icon on the system tray area and
the icon is loaded from a image file. By default, the icon gets
installed to the usual location (/usr/local/$PACKAGE/pixmaps), but the
user may choose to install the package to some other place by using
--prefix etc. configure script options.

I may be mistaken, but the normal path where the icons are searched is

$prefix/share/pixmaps/$package/

So, if a user configs with a different --prefix, the pixmaps will be
installed relative to that prefix.

You can add dirs to the searchpath in your .gtkrc-2.0:

pixmap_path "/opt/gnome/share/pixmaps"

The default path is where gtk+ is installed.

This may all be wrong, but it's how I got things working here ;-)

John