Hello,

I am writing a simple GTK+ 2.0 application which uses the GNU build system.
The application opens a status icon on the system tray area and the icon is
loaded from a image file. By default, the icon gets installed to the usual
location (/usr/local/$PACKAGE/pixmaps), but the user may choose to install
the package to some other place by using --prefix etc. configure script
options.

What is the correct way of opening image files from the C source then? How
do I know where the look for the installed data files?

--
Henri HÃkkinen