profiler results don't match

Hello. I have two systems. One has Ubuntu Hardy installed (gtk+ 2.12.9)
and the other Ubuntu Intrepid (gtk+ 2.14.4). I profile my program using
oprofile and when I compare results from both systems, I see a big
difference that (I think) shouldn't be there.

For example, the most consuming function on Hardy was a function named
scale_line in libgdk-pixbuf (I do some scaling on a pixbuf). While the
second result from Intrepid shows convert_five_to_eight (my bit-shifting
function) was most CPU-consuming.

Are there any optimizations to GdkPixbuf shifting from version 2.12 to
2.14 that I'm not aware of?

Greets,
Luka