Re: MS Windows packages and modularity

On Tue, 21 Oct 2008, jcupitt gmail com wrote:

2008/10/21 Tor Lillqvist <tml iki fi>:
But I admit I don't have any *really* strong preference. If it really
is so that the majority of people who distribute GTK+ apps on Windows
would prefer that the pixbuf loaders were separate DLLs I can return
to that. Is there anybody out there who prefers having built-in
loaders?

I think I prefer separate loaders, if I understand the trade-offs correctly.

The app I package and distribute needs tiff/jpeg load and save, so
having an extra copy of the libraries statically linked in to the gtk
stack bulks up my zip unnecessarily. My app also includes libMagick,
so I think I might have three copies of libtiff and libjpeg in my
download at the moment, annoyingly.

speaking of that, as there are other Windows library, not related to gtk, that may use libjpeg, tiff, png, etc..., woud it be possible to install them in a drectory not specific to GTK (like in Program Files/Common Files/generic, or something like that) ?

Vincent Torri