Re: Scroll wheel events not working under WindowsXP

On Sun, 2008-11-23 at 08:02 +0100, Giuseppe Torelli wrote:
On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 9:10 PM, Peter Clifton <pcjc2 cam ac uk> wrote:
On Linux, and built for Win32, tested under wine, scrolling works.

Hi,
I want to develop an application both under Linux and Windows with Gtk+2.
I wonder how is it possible to compile a .exe for Windows under a
Linux platform.

Can you please give me a link explaining how this could be achieved?

I'm using the mingw32 cross compiler. A Google search for that term
should help.

I found this: http://ricardo.ecn.wfu.edu/~cottrell/cross-gtk/

It is a little out of date, since it describes a method where you change
the CC environment variable to point at the cross compiler.

With recent GNU autotools, you can just configure with flags such as:

host=i586-mingw32msvc
build=i686-pc-linux-gnu
CFLAGS='-O3 -s -mms-bitfields -march=i686'
CXXFLAGS=$CFLAGS

(Or similar).

You need the -mms-bitfields, and if you want to get rid of the console
window on your app (after debugging probably), add -mwindows to the
CFLAGS.

I'm not doing this directly, I'm using a set of scripts and recipes
written by a collegue in the gEDA project to fetch and build all our
prerequisites (including GTK) from source.

http://archives.seul.org/geda/dev/Oct-2008/msg00170.html

Hope that helps get you started.

Best regards,

--