Re: Glade signal connect data and full

On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 6:32 AM, dhk <dhkuhl optonline net> wrote:
[...]

Thanks, but this is a lot like the glade source.  It doesn't explain the
variables.  I need to know what the parameters are and where they come
from.  I think the handler_name the one in the glade xml file and the
GladeXMLConnectFunc some made up function to execute.  Is this correct?

I'm not sure if these are the functions I need to do what I want, but
they seem correct.  What I want to do is pass a value for user_data into
a handler when a button is clicked.  The glade_xml_signal_autoconnect()
function doesn't let me do that.

Indeed it doesnt, the autoconnect is only capable of passing alternate
objects in (it does g_signal_connect_object() and uses SWAPPED flag),
only when an object is specified for that handler (in the Glade tool, this
will look confusing, we never finished improving that on our side).

But, there is another libglade function to call for signal connections,
I think its glade_signal_connect(), but I'm sure you'll find it in the
headers.

what it does is connects a signal to an object in the glade file by
widget name (basically just a convenience api for g_signal_connect()),
it should be a good alternative for you.

Cheers,
                      -Tristan