Glade signal connect data and full

All,

Could some explain how to use glade_xml_signal_connect_data() and
glade_xml_signal_connect_full()?  Some good examples would be helpful also.

I don't think I know the difference between the signal handler name and
the signal handler function that is used as parameters.

In my GTK program I want to pass different values for user_data for a
button click depending upon notebook tab that has focus.

Also is there a way to disconnect a signal made with
glade_xml_signal_connect_data() from an object?

Thanks,

dave