removing element from GHashTable returns FALSE

Hello.

I'm using a GHashTable to store some structures. The keys are unsigned
integers. I create my hash table with:

g_hash_table_new(g_direct_hash, NULL);

Then I store same values with keys with:

g_hash_table_insert(my_hash_table, GUINT_TO_POINTER(3), mystruct);

But when I try to remove the value from the hash table I get FALSE from
g_hash_table_remove():

g_hash_table_remove(my_hash_table, GUINT_TO_POINTER(3));

The funny part is that I lookup for that same key just a few lines
before and it is found.

Any ideas what could be wrong?

Greets,
Luka