Re: Creating a non-focused window

Tom Machinski wrote:
On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 11:52 PM, Brian J. Tarricone <bjt23 cornell edu>
wrote:

gtk_window_set_focus_on_map() (or presumably
window.set_focus_on_map(False) in... whatever langauges you're using).

Thanks Brian, aniket. Unfortunately, this solution does not work.

`dpkg -l libgtk2.0-0` shows the installed GTK version to be 2.12.0-1ubuntu3,
so it _should_ have worked. Unfortunately, calling `window.set_focus_on_map
(False)` does not prevent the window from stealing focus again.

I'm using Ubuntu Gutsy here, and interfacing to GTK through PyGTK, if that
helps.

Well, it works here, using straight C. I don't really know Python, so I can't really say why it wouldn't work there.

        -brian