Re: GTK+ Windows: how to catch WM_HOTKEY

 I suppose Windows messages may be eaten by gdk between the reception and the
call of the callback function ?

Yes. Instead of creating a separatw window and a GIOChannel watching
for messages for it you should just register a filter function for the
window using gdk_window_add_filter().

I think g_io_channel_win32_new_messages() can be reliably used only in
non-GTK+ programs, as GDK itself wants messages in general for *any*
window, and indeed eats them. I guess that is a bug in the
documentation, this probably should be pointed out.

--tml