location of gdk-pixbuf.loaders

Hi,

I am trying to pack a minimal set of files in one directory
right enough to execute my app using gtk/win32.

So, I tried to avoid the use of any of gtk's config files in
etc/, lib/, share/, ... which can not be put into
subdirectories though AFAIK. So, I simply deleted them which
seems o.k. for gtk+ and works fine. Similar I replaced gtkrc
by using gtk_rc_parse_string() directly from the code.

However, I fail to do the same for the image loaders
(libpixbufloader-xpm.dll in my case).

First, I haven't found any other way to tell gtk+ which
loaders to load but by using the in-file solution
'gdk-pixbuf.loaders'. With gtk_rc_parse_string() I can set
pixmap_path=".", however this does of course not tell what
loaders to load.

Second, I haven't found any way to tell gtk+ to search
the file 'gdk-pixbuf.loaders' in my current directory.
Instead, gtk+ wants it in ../etc/gtk-2.0/.

Here some options that would solve the problem but which I
can't use here:

* Since my app shall run without an installer I can't
  set any env vars first like GDK_PIXBUF_MODULE_FILE.
  And I would not like to create a shell script/batch file
  to set the env var since that can be changed and has other
  unwanted effects.

* Writing a small executable to set env vars and then
  launch the real app is possible but makes it e.g. hard
  to run the app using a debugger and such.

Is there an easier solution to load the pixbuf image
loaders?

Thank You

Felix