GLib 2.17.4 released
- From: Matthias Clasen <mclasen redhat com>
- To: gnome-announce-list gnome org, gtk-devel-list gnome org, gtk-app-devel-list gnome org, gtk-list gnome org
- Subject: GLib 2.17.4 released
- Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 14:08:57 -0400
GLib 2.17.4 is now available for download at:
glib-2.17.4.tar.bz2 md5sum: 9692116d39c2bd00c53a9b469711e3fc
glib-2.17.4.tar.gz md5sum: cf7730a308a5ba9e4db71a73efa4e53b
This is the fifth development release leading up to GLib 2.18.
* This is unstable development release. While it has had
a bit of testing, there are certainly plenty of bugs
remaining to be found. This release should not be used
* Installing this version will overwrite your existing
copy of GLib 2.16. If you have problems, you'll need
to reinstall GLib 2.16.
* GLib 2.18 will be source and binary compatible with
the GLib 2.16 series; however, the new API additions
in GLib 2.17 are not yet finalized, so there may
be incompatibilities between this release and the final
* Bugs should be reported to http://bugzilla.gnome.org.
GLib is the low-level core library that forms the basis for projects
such as GTK+ and GNOME. It provides data structure handling for C,
portability wrappers, and interfaces for such runtime functionality as
an event loop, threads, dynamic loading, and an object system.
More information about GLib is available at:
An installation guide for the GTK+ libraries, including GLib, can
be found at:
Overview of Changes from GLib 2.17.3 to GLib 2.17.4
- New API to handle content types: g_mount_guess_content_type,
- Export the eject-button signal on the volume monitor class
- New API to enable out-of-process volume monitors:
- New API to handle signals without slots in the class structure:
- Add an NC_ macro that is a no-op equivalent of C_
- Add two new functions g_markup_parse_context_push,
g_markup_parse_context_pop to support "subparsers"
* Bugs fixed:
541208 Functions to easily install and use signals without...
541507 Ambiguous description of assigned characters in the...
543040 async reading on dummy file will crash on GIO_USE_VFS=local
543560 enable gio-FEN back-end warnings on Solaris will crash...
528317 GRegex does not allow recursion limit
337518 GMarkup: Subparser support
541794 drive-eject-button signal
541793 activation root for volumes
467707 test_iconv_state() in tests/convert-test.c fails on AIX 5.3
428048 2 of 51 tests fail on Solaris
542332 small fix for error message in GMarkup
482413 get_contents_stdio -- overflow and memory corruption
334234 "printf" format error
536996 Missing noop i18n macro equivalent to C_
540616 mem leak in filechooser button
539229 gobject-query calls itself query
521589 [RFC] gobject documentation should mention Vala
543168 Description of G_SLICE=debug-blocks discourages its use
543220 Case collision on gio-extension-points.html
530759 update the gobject tutorial to the XXI century
535223 gbookmark file inefficiency ...
543504 crash in Epiphany Web Browser: Opening local file
* Updated translation:
Traditional Chinese (zh_HK)
Traditional Chinese (zh_TW)
Thanks to the people who contributed to this release:
July 21, 2008
] [Thread Prev