Re: tabbing through a treeview

Rui Tiago CaÃÃo Matos wrote:
On 10/07/2008, dhk <dhkuhl optonline net> wrote:
Does anyone know how to move/loop through the fields in a treeview by just
pressing the Tab key?  I would like to make the mouse optional and not a
requirement.

I believe you can connect to the treeview's key-press-event and do
your logic from the handler. Though I'm not sure you can capture the
Tab key before gtk+ captures it and does it's internal widget
navigation.

Good luck,
Rui

I can't seem to get the key-press-event to work for any key pressed. So that's the first problem, after that works then I'll see if the Tab key works.

The key-press-event event is connected to a cell renderer but it never seems to get called when I type in the cell. In Glade for my main window I have the "Key Press | Structure" set in Events, this set the GDK_KEY_PRESS_MASK which the GtkWidget documentation says needs to be set.

So I have my callback, I connect the signal to the callback, and have the event mask set on the main window, is there something else that needs to be set for the key-press-event?

Thanks,
Dave