GtkWindow problem

Hi all

I have a problem with GtkWindow. This is very difficult because I need
to have a GtkWindow with type POPUP and, if I pass an option, the
GtkWindow must be TOPLEVEL. I need to do it because I need show a
completion popup that it is visible while the user writes in the
GtkTextView but, If the user press <control>Return I need show the
same popup but with a GtkEntry on top to filter the popup content.

Problems:

1.- If I usea POPUP window I cannot set the focus into the GtkEntry

2.- I cannot change the window type before show the it. I need destroy
the popup and create a new one with another type

3.- If the window is TOPLEVEL and I set the hint to
GDK_WINDOW_TYPE_HINT_DIALOG I have problems with the focus because when
I show the popup, it gets the focus but I need the focus into the
GtkTextView

4.- If the window is TOPLEVEL and I set the hint
to GDK_WINDOW_TYPE_HINT_POPUP_MENU, the popup does not stay at front (
I have tried to use gtk_window_set_transient_for but it doesn't work).

I'm desperated and I cannot manage the window like I want :(

Please help me!!

Thanks all!!