Assertion in gtk+ setting an accel label from a GtkAction

Hey people,

I'm trying to use GtkAction and friends all around in my GSOC
project[1]. But I'm hitting an assertion in gtk+

(a.out:12223): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_accel_label_set_accel_closure:
assertion `gtk_accel_group_from_accel_closure (accel_closure) != NULL'
failed

and then my menu item doesn't display the accel label. I've been able
to produce a little C test app which I'm attaching. I'm probably
abusing the API there so if people have good suggestions I'm all
hears.

Thanks,
Rui

[1] http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/?p=system-config-printer.git;a=summary