Re: Type-ahead popup placement

Hi,

On Wed, Jan 16, 2008 at 05:10:26PM +0100, Conrad Achtenbaum wrote:
I'm writing a small gtk application and I'm using a GtkTreeView to
display the files in the current directory. The treeview is enclosed in
a scrolledwindow.
And when I start typing the type-ahead popup appears in the right-hand
bottom corner of the treeview's coordinates, i.e. way outside the
scrollwindow.

How do I change the position of the type-ahead popup?
So that it appears in the right-hand bottom corner of its parent?

I've submitted a screenshot of the problem here:
http://img262.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screenshotsl4.jpg

This is interesting, by default the popup does show up at the position
of the drawn rectangle in your image.  Does the popup also show up at
the wrong position with other tree views (for example the one in the
file chooser)?  If so, there might be a bug somewhere ...

Since GTK+ 2.10 you can fully control the positioning of the type-ahead
popup using gtk_tree_view_set_search_position_func():

http://library.gnome.org/devel/gtk/2.10/GtkTreeView.html#gtk-tree-view-set-search-position-func

regards,

-kris.