Re: Console window opening during system() call inside GTK User Interface

vijayasarathy wrote:

At some point of time inside the UI, I have to get an exe file
from the user, and then invoke the system() call to run the exe
as if it were run from a shell ...

When I invoke the system call from a call back function and run
the exe in windows, the problem is that another console window
keeps opening...

Using system() is a very bad idea on MS Windows.  You should see
what glib offers in the way of spawning processes, e.g. at

http://developer.gimp.org/api/2.0/glib/glib-Spawning-Processes.html

If you need even more fine-grained control look at the win32 API:

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms682425(VS.85).aspx

Allin Cottrell