Re: Order of children in Box

jcupitt gmail com wrote:

Generally the most recently added child of any
gtkcontainer is at the head of the list.

However ...
you can't really rely on it 100%.

Yes, I too have observed this behavior when I use foreach or get_children.
I was wondering whether I could count on it.  You say that I cannot.  If I
cannot count on these functions to preserve order, I am wondering what
function I can count on.  Would there not have to be a function for getting
the child in position i?  I could label the children, I suppose, and put
them in order myself, but Box must know the order because it has a function
for reordering a child to position i.  If foreach and get_children do not
preserve the order on retrieval, what does?
--
Jeffrey Barish