Re: GtkBuilder, win32 & signals

On 2/13/08, Tor Lillqvist <tml iki fi> wrote:

 I'm wondering if the gmodule "inspecting" feature to link the handlers
 is broken in win32 or if I have to add some more flag

I quote the documentation for gtk_builder_connect_signals() in trunk:

* When compiling applications for Windows, you must declare signal
callbacks
* with G_MODULE_EXPORT, or they will not be put in the symbol table.
* On Linux and Unices, this is not necessary; applications should instead
* be compiled with the -Wl,--export-dynamic CFLAGS, and linked against
* gmodule-export-2.0.

I.e. define your callback functions like this:

G_MODULE_EXPORT int
foobar (...)

That works perfectly thanks, I'm replying to the list just because this is
not available in the "stable" documentation in gtk.org and maybe someone
else has interest on this topic.

Nice addon this GtkBuilder BTW :)

I think I'll try to move on the development of our applications from the
built in code generation to this, the fact that doesn't need an external
library and that connects signals is a big plus over the libglade approach.

--
Bye,
 Gabry