Re: how to process only some GTK events and leave the others in the queue

Tristan Van Berkom ha scritto:
On Sun, Dec 28, 2008 at 6:45 AM, Francesco Montorsi
Is it possible?

Hi, for some odd cases you can use:
   http://library.gnome.org/devel/gdk/stable/gdk-Events.html#gdk-event-put

i.e. by pumping the events out of the event queue yourself, and putting the
ones you didnt process back.
Thanks, this can be quite useful!

I doubt this is what you need, I think that removing the while
(gtk_events_pending())
code all together and replacing it with more returns to the event
loop, and shorter
iterations in timeouts and signal callbacks - will probably fix
whatever problems
you are having.
I agree this would be indeed the best thing but actually the situation is somewhat more complex of what I described (in reality, it regards a wxWidgets application...)

Thanks for the gdk_event_put trick hint!
Francesco