Re: Running on Windows?

2008/12/19 lwhmellow <lwhmellow 126 com>:
So,please,does anyone have ideas about packing all the files together.I mean
if I can just put all the files together,and then zip it,hand it to my
teacher so that he can view the application anywhere?

Sure, it's pretty easy.

The gtk runtime installs to "c:\program files\gtk2" (or does it? I
forget). Just copy that whole tree somewhere new (eg. "c:\program
files\myapp"), copy the .exe for your program into  "c:\program
files\myapp\bin", then zip everything up.

To run it on another computer, unzip anywhere (eg. to the desktop as
"c:\docs and settings\me\Desktop\myapp"), open the myapp\bin folder,
and doubleclick on myapp.exe.

If you want to get fancy you can fiddle with the theme and maybe make
a tiny installer. Also remember that myapp.exe will stop working if
you take it out of the \bin folder, though you can make a shortcut to
it.

Finally, make sure you test it on a couple of machines before handing
the zip to your teacher, heh.