Re: gtk-feed

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: gtk-feed
From: henrih81 gmail com
To: gtk-app-devel-list gnome org
Date: 12/03/2008 11:50 AM

Hello all,

I have been developing a small GTK application for some time now and I have reached version 0.2.0 with it. Basically, it's simple RSS feed reader which only appears as an icon in the window manager's system tray. As of now, it's unfinished and much developing would need to be done. Unfortunately, I seem to be lacking free time and I just decided to post this in here, in case if anyone would get interested contributing. Otherwise, comments and suggestions would also be welcome :)

You can find gtk-feed in here:

http://henux.nor.fi/coding/projects/15-gtk/24-gtk-feed

I was going to happily look at it until I tried compiling. You should add a requires: gtk-2.14.x to your configure script. I am using 2.12 and I ran into an error with gtk_dialog_get_content_area().

2.12 is still kind of "new" so you may wish to add a #define around the GtkDialog widget you are using to also have <2.14 compliant code. Users will be able to use your program on a wider variety of distributions.