Re: Clone a notebook tab?

dhk wrote:
Roland Roberts wrote:
Is there a way to clone a notebook tab? I'm writing an application where I've laid out the tab using glade. The tab is for controlling a camera, and I may have multiple cameras. Each time I connect one, I'd like to clone a generic tab then reassign data associated with the tab just like I do when the first camera attaches. Is there any shortcut other than writing the layout completely in code?
I get the object out of the .glade file whenever I need to duplicate a widget and then add it to the container. In your case, a notebook tab, the object would be probably be a vbox in the .glade file and your container would be the notebook you want to add it to.
I'm not quite sure how to parse that statement :-/ How do you "get the object out of the .glade file?" glade_xml_new lets me specify the root widget which is why I was thinking of just using that to create a new container that I would then attach to the notebook. Is this what you meant?

roland

--
                       PGP Key ID: 66 BC 3B CD
roland rlenter com                            6818 Madeline Court