GTK Drag & Filename Drop from other Windows

Hello,

when I enable a Widget to receive Drops using drag_dest_set with target
entries STRING, text/plain, text/html, application/x-rootwin-drop (just
copied them from an example) I can copy & paste text snippets into my
widget, from the same Widget and from others and receive them using the
signal_data_received signal. But what I really want is the possibility to
drag in filenames, like e.g. Gimp does. Currently filenames from Konqueror
or the Gnome FileBrowser are denied. Anyone a tip?

I'am using Gtkmm but I think my error in reasoning is gtk centered.

Greetings,

Norbert