Re: printing gtktextview and text layout

On Fri, 2008-04-18 at 17:30 +0200, Philippe Rouquier wrote:

Le mardi 15 avril 2008 Ã 15:05 -0400, Behdad Esfahbod a Ãcrit :
On Sat, 2008-04-12 at 11:08 +0200, Philippe Rouquier wrote:

Could someone help me with that please?

Just reorder your code to use pango_cairo_show_layout() for both display
and print, then make sure you set font options on your PangoContext
attached to the layout using pango_cairo_context_set_font_options() to
turn metrics hinting off (cairo_font_options_set_hint_metrics()).

Hi,

Thanks for your answer.
I tried and indeed it works: I used a pangolayout (with hinting turned
off) for display in a widget to reflect what was written in the
GtkTextView. I noticed the same discrepancies of text layout as when I
printed. I then printed and the results matched the on screen
pangolayout.

Now the problem is I want to use and print the GtkTextView. How do I
turn off hinting in a GtkTextView?
But maybe I didn't understand you well?

You understood me correctly.  I don't have answers to the rest of your
questions.

Thanks again.

--
behdad