GtkPlot questions

Does anyone have any experience with the GtkPlot widget in
the GtkExtra library?

I am trying to write a button callback which generates the
plot. This plot is on one of a set of tabbed panels. I was
going crazy trying to figure out why I never
saw any output, until I realized that the graph gets
painted if I switch to another tab, then switch back.

Following the examples bundled with GtkExtra, I am building
this on a GtkPlotCanvas.

I have been unable to figure out what call I can make
to trigger the responsible event while still in my
callback. A trick that triggers refreshes elsewhere
(gdk_window_invalidate_region on some region of the
plot canvas) has no effect. Trying to trigger an expose
event by moving windows around similarly does not cause
the canvas to paint.

Does anyone have any clues as to what event I might be
looking for that is triggered by activating a tab?

(Update: I managed to trigger the event by switching
the tabs under program control by two successive calls to
gtk_notebook_set_current_page, but that seems like kind
of a kluge).

--
Randy Poe
Senior Member Engineering Staff