Re: 16 bits grayscale images

alex wrote:
Actually I am porting a Windows .NET software to GTK.
So some procedure I use (as false color convertion) is written. I will
use it as is because it's not depending on GTK or else...

Are you porting it to GTK# and C# then?

Anyway...
First I create a color structure wich define 256 different color from
cold to hot.
Then I convert my 16 bits image to a 8 bit and for each pixels value I
replace with the corresponding color.
It's help a lot for understanding a picture. I also add a conversion
scale (for example to convert only values between from 100 to 256)

I can post the code used, but _for the moment_ it still use .NET and
FreeImage library, but algorythm remains the same