Re: 16 bits grayscale images

I want to create a grayscale image from a CCD camera.
Data are from a function wich gives me an 16 bits array corresponding to
the CCD's pixels.
I take a look at the pixbuf class, but it seems to use a RGB structure.
How can I do my job ?

If you don't expect the graphics system to be actually
capable of displaying 16bpc images, it is easiest to just
convert the data to 8bpp RGB (which is a trivial operation).

If you are attempting to visual the data (as opposed to making a true
image) you may want to consider doing some sort of false coloring which
I don't think is trivial. Does anyone have a link to any good example
source code for making false color images. In the pat I have just
converted to HSV and used the hue to represent intensity.

-Eric
--
Eric Hegstrom
http://www.agavesys.com