Re: How to convert a jpg image to a GtkImage ?

Following this thread, I decided it would be wise to avoid this kind
of leak since my application uses hundreds of loaders to load
hundreds of pixbufs, so I made my code look like:

        pixbuf_p = gdk_pixbuf_loader_get_pixbuf(my_loader);
        g_object_unref ( my_loader);

        add_to_my_list ( pixbuf_p );

However, this apparently frees up the pixbuf as well, and everything goes
to hell in a handbasket as pixbuf_p is now a reference to some piece
of recycled memory or something like that.  How does one free up the
loader but retain the pixbuf ?

        Tom

--
Tom Trebisky